Upgrading Electrical Service

Old 01-30-02, 12:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Upgrading Electrical Service

I live in Canada and recently bought a 43 Y/O house. The realtor told me the electrical service is 60 amp. I'm told that most houses today have 100 amp service. I want to remodel my kitchen and at the same time add seperate receptacles for the dishwasher and fridge and basically rewire the kitchen but there is no room for expansion in the main panel. What is all involved in upgrading the service to 100 amp and is this something I could do myself?

Old 01-30-02, 05:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Canada has what is called the Canadian Electrical Code. It is similar to the National Electrical Code found in the USA. Below is a link to an article that may help guide you in building a service. However in Canada each Province has special local rules that also apply as well as differences found in the Canadian Electrical Code itself from the National Electrical Code.

YOu might want to read the article liked below, then contact your local Code Enforcement to adjust to Canadian and Canadian Province locality rules that most likely will apply.

You also need to check is any licensing is required in your area or Province.

Let us know what you find

Good Luck


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: