connecting electric heater wires

Old 02-02-02, 06:45 PM
Visiting Guest
connecting electric heater wires

Hi i am trying to reconnect existing wires that a deralict electrician disconnected in my townhome and dont know exactly which breakers the two black wires and two white wires went the electrician said he upgraded the current to my computer room but disconnected my floor heater,s wiring to do it???????.
I dont know if in the two white wires if one is a ground and one a neutral? or both ground?? i would appreciate any help on this brainfart.

Thank,s
Tim

Moderators Note:
Topic moved from the Heating and Cooling forum, since the topic asks an electrical question and not a question relating to a heater problem.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 02-02-02 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-02-02, 07:22 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think I would like a little more information before I can give a resonable answer. Where did he disconnect these heaters at the heater, in a wall thermostat or in the panel?
That is the first thing we should find out before going to far into this. Next thing what kind of electrician did you have, was the work he did inspected?

Old 02-02-02, 08:04 PM
toucansam
Visiting Guest
Another question to ask is : Are all of the breaker positions in your main panel filled? If so, a lot of manufacturers have multiple slim line breakers that double your capacity.

Old 02-03-02, 11:21 PM
Sketchy
Visiting Guest
I'd just like to say that the phrase "derelict electrician" makes me chuckle.

-- Jim (derelict diy-er)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: