Old 02-06-02, 01:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have 220amp service in my house.Will this transformer change my 220 to 600 and if so how do i go about doing it.... this would help me very much since i live in the country.
Old 02-06-02, 01:44 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I believe that you mean to say that you have 220 volt service, which is the same as 98% of the people in this continent. And of course, you can get transformers to convert almost any voltage to any other voltage. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Can you help?
Old 02-09-02, 09:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
John is right however I thought that I would add that 600 volt wiring is forbidden to be installed in a dwelling. The voltage limit is 120 volts to ground. in a 480 volt system with a neutral you would have 277 volts to ground that is forbidden as too high of voltage in a dwelling.

IF you truly meant amps then to increase the amps you would have to change the transformer to change the amperage that much.

Just for your information, in most occasions the transformer is ssupplied by the serving utility company that serves a dwelling. YOu really need to talk to your inspector and serving utility company before you do anything.

Old 02-10-02, 09:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
i have 3phz tools that i want to use.15hp is the biggest but i am looking at selling the thickness sander,next is a 7.5hp table sawand 5hp planer. can motors be rewound into single phz. there is a guy in town that says it can be done what do you think.also i have looked at just changing the motors.
Old 02-10-02, 09:35 AM
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Calgary Canada
Posts: 690
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes you can get the 600 volts in the country.
Sorry guys he's from Canada. 600v is allowed
there is no 480v here. Call the local authority
they have a system set up for it in the outlying

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: