Outlet Switch

Old 03-02-02, 05:25 PM
Campbell
Visiting Guest
Outlet Switch

Hello,

I am putting in a hot tub in my backyard which needs a 110v/ 20amp source. My current outlet out in my backyard is a 125v connected to a 15amp breaker( in the house). How complicated will it be to get my outlet ready for the tub?

Thanks,

Campbell

Old 03-02-02, 06:36 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It will depend on the size of the wire going to the outlet if the breaker is 15 amp there is a good chance your wire is #14 which is too small to have on a 20 amp breaker. If that is the case then you'll have to run an entire new circuit out there. If it is number 12 then there is a possiblity to be able to do the job easily. Find out what the size of wire your dealling with and come back with it and we can help

Old 03-02-02, 07:25 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most likely your existing receptacle is no help whatsoever in getting ready for your hot tub. But are you sure that your hot tub can run on 110 volts and 20 amps??? That's not much for a hot tub (or does your hot tub use gas to heat the water?).

Old 03-03-02, 12:29 PM
Campbell
Visiting Guest
On the breaker box it says awg 14-10, I assume this means its running #14 wire and I am going to have to run a new line?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: