Whole House Surge Protection


Old 03-05-02, 03:01 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 124
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whole House Surge Protection

I was wondering what a good brand of whole house surge protectors are, where they can be purchased, and what can I look at spending? It is a siemens 200 amp panel, brand new. Do I give it it's own 2 pole breaker, or hook it up inline with wirenuts to a different 2 pole breaker? I have read both? What size 2 pole breaker should it be installed on?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-02, 05:42 PM
HandyRon's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 1,365
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The manufacturer of the surge arrestor (aka TVSS) will make the call as to how to conenct it. Read the instructions. Keep the conductors from the panel to the TVSS, as short as possible.
Some TVSS' come in the form of a 2 pole circuit breaker. For example:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: