Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Doesn't the number of conductors also get impacted by the type of conduit. PVC is lis

Doesn't the number of conductors also get impacted by the type of conduit. PVC is lis

Old 03-08-02, 08:53 AM
joelp
Visiting Guest

John, I am a novice to some of these things, but I was reviewing the NEC Code Book and came up with two different tables. One for PVC, see attachment

http://www.jhlarson.com/data_tables/pvcfill.htm

Versus:

http://www.elliottelectric.com/1050/...onduitFill.asp

There is a definite difference in the number of wires that can be run through EMT versus PVC due I guess to the wall thickness.

At the 1/2" diameter, everything in PVC seems to be 1 less than EMT. Just an observation.

I guess your no was with regard to her specific issue.

Thanks for helping to explain
Joel

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-02, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry Joel. You are correct that the fill calculations are affected by type of conduit. There are about a dozen different tables in the NEC.

The other thread also was talking about ampacity derating, and I mistakenly thought you were asking whether that was affected by type of conduit.

Old 03-08-02, 10:18 AM
joelp
Visiting Guest
No need for an apology. I just was concerned that I may have been mistaken. This forum is great. Keep up the good work.