Receptacles

Old 03-19-02, 01:46 PM
mrbello
Visiting Guest
Receptacles

I have three receptacles in a living room.. One has a receptacle hooked up. The other two looks like they have two blacks and two whites .. The blacks together and the whites together. The question I have is can I install a receptacle on these (so called junction boxes)>> They almost look like pass throughs to get power to the other receptacle>>

Old 03-19-02, 04:16 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have to ask this you say you have three receptacles in the room then you say one has a receptacle hooked up? Are you talking about three boxes with only one being used to house a receptalce? If this is so then you should be able to install receptacles in the other boxes provided they are large enough to have the receptacles and the wire in them. Most boxes should be ok for what you've said so far the wire size and the receptacle its self are taken into account in most instances but if you want to be sure you can do this to check. Inside the box will be a marking that says the cubic inches of the box. Count each wire in the box as 2.25 inches and the receptacle as 2.25 " count any metal connector brackets inside at 2.25 add all of them up and see if it equals less the the cubic inches stated in the box.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: