Lots of new wiring

Old 03-25-02, 07:36 AM
DawnKristen27
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Lots of new wiring

I have a couple of questions??
How do I add a light over my kitchen sink. There is nothing there right now. Can I run 14-2 from the panel to the switch box and then to where I want the light

I also want to add a switch to my bedroom to control a plug. I ran a piece of 14-2 to the switch from the panel and then a piece of 14-3 to the plug I want to control but I am not sure how to connect it all??

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-02, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1st question: Yes

2nd question: A picture is better than typing it out. Check out this web site.

http://homewiring.tripod.com/switcho...lethalfsw.html

Old 03-25-02, 09:16 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It wasn't necessary to run a cable from the panel for a switch-controlled general-purpose recepacle in the bed-room unless possibly this is a "specific purpose" receptacle.-----At the switch wire-nut the 2 White wires -----wire-nut together the 2 Black wires and an 8" Black lead----connect the Black lead and the Red of the 3-wire to the 2 switch terminals.------ Twist off the link between the 2 copper terminals on the receptacle-----connect the White of the 3-wire to a silver terminal on the receptacle and the Red and Black to the 2 isolated copper terminals.--I haven't mentioned Grounding connections so ask if you'r not certain on this point.-----We'll need a brief description of the kitchen-lath and plaster or sheetrock?--cabinet over the sink?---what type fixture, etc. Please reply-thanks. p.s.,you don't need a cable from the panel.

Old 03-25-02, 10:49 AM
DawnKristen27
Visiting Guest
For over the kitchen sink just a normal kitchen light, a flourescent light maybe.

Also where do I get power from if I don't run from the panel for the light. Also, in the room where I want the swithced plug there are already plugs in the room, can I pull power from one of those?

I am kind of confused.