Outlet Help

Old 03-28-02, 11:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Outlet Help

I'm a new ome owner. Have outdoor oulets in front and back of house that have stopped working since we moved in.

I tested all the circuit breakers with no luck. I'm not even sure what breaker is the one for these outlets.

What would be my next step?

Old 03-28-02, 01:01 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: port chester n y
Posts: 2,117
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
They could be connected to the Load side of a GFI receptacle located inside the house,including the bathrooms. Search for all GFI receptacles and push- in the "Reset" buttons.Good Luck!
Old 03-28-02, 04:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Next Dumb Question

What is a GFI receptacle and what does it look like?

Old 03-28-02, 05:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
A GFCI receptacle is also known as a ground fault circuit interrupter. It helps to prevent electrocution when a fault develops in an appliance by shutting down the power before someone is fatally shocked. It looks similar to standard duplex receptacles, except it has two buttons marked test and reset.
Old 03-28-02, 07:50 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Fayetteville, NY, USA
Posts: 1,052
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
dmerica, GFCI receptacles look like two square-shaped outlets over/under with two tiny rectangular buttons in between. One says "Reset" and one says "test". Find them in the oddest places, including a behind a shelf in the garage or elsewhere. Search relentlessly, including places you'd never dream a receptacle could be. This advice usually gets results. Let us know what you find.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: