project

Old 04-07-02, 10:22 AM
davedeman69
Visiting Guest
project

hi people
my project is im in a 1968 moble home that i bilt a new work shop out side. i need to up date my breaker box there is no room for a new breaker for the shop and the breakers cost alot for the tipe and r very hard to find so im trying to figure out how big of a new breaker box i really need ill run down my breaker numbers for you that r in there and if you can help me figure this out id be most thankful.
there is 1-double pull breaker with 70 amp on both pull arms 2 boube pull with 40 amp
1 doube pull with 30 amp
1 double pull with 50 amp
1 double pull with 20 amp
4 single 15 amps
2 single pull with 20 amp
if you need mor info please ask thanks for any help dave.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-02, 12:12 PM
MTgets
Visiting Guest
Dave, the best way for you to do this is with a PROPER load calculation of your needs. It doesnt do any good to add up your breakers and get a total, wrong way. One of the friendly pros here will tell you what you need and help you do it, they are excellent at load calcs.

Old 04-07-02, 04:01 PM
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
You said mobile home. Most commonly a mobile home is served by a remote service panel that has a main breaker and a couple of extra places for an accessory building in it.

Do you have a mobile home service disconnect located remote from your mobile home with a feeder coming from it to your mobile home. If so it may be possible to leave you panel as existing and tap your power from your remote service pedistel. Look and see if you meter base and main service breaker is in a panel remote from your mobile home.

Tell us what you find.

Wg