Wired UP

Old 05-18-02, 06:03 AM
N
Namtanka
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Wired UP

Help Please

How do you rewire a fuse box to where all but two rooms in the house are not all on on circuit?

Help Please Help Please

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-02, 09:01 AM
F
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Namtanka, This is one of the few times I say this. You should consult with an electrican on this problem. If in fact you are having a problem with fuse(s) blowing(or circuit breaker(s) tripping), you need to talk to one.

This answer comes from reading the "location" caption.

Fred

Old 05-18-02, 09:40 AM
W
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
I too would suggest a qualified electrician. I suspect you will need to split up a couple of circuits in your home to lighten the load on the branch circuits that are tripping breakers or fuses. You can't just go to a panel and change a wire to a different fuse. That fuse or breaker carries the load of many items that are connected downstream in that branch circuit. You don't have a wire for each plug in your panel. Just one wire carrying many plugs on that branch circuit.

Hope this helps

Wg

Old 05-18-02, 09:40 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Namtanka; I don't know how to construe this sentence:"all but 2 rooms are not all on 1 circuit."-------But what is the problem pertaining to the fuse-box? If there's a problem we first must know WHAT is happening to determine WHY it is happening. Pease reply with more specific information. Thanks.

Old 05-19-02, 04:44 PM
N
Namtanka
Visiting Guest
Wired Up

The problem with the fuse box is the fact that the "cheap" electrician that (at that time) my parent's landlady hired connected all the wiring in the house to only two circuits, so everytime that we have on more than two overhead lights on, it trips the circuit breaker. This happens as many as thirty times in one day. As it is now, neither my parents or myself have the money to call in an electrician.
As it is I have been spending my tuition refunds on other home repairs such as plumbing, flooring, and within the next two years I have to come up with the money to replace the roof.

Old 05-19-02, 05:38 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Here's something you can do for free. Go to your local public library. Check out at least five books on home wiring. Read at least three of them cover to cover. After that, you should have a pretty good idea of what is required. Then post back with any remaining questions.

Old 05-19-02, 05:43 PM
N
Namtanka
Visiting Guest
Talking John Nelson

Thank you Mr. Nelson. I'll do that.