Outdoor lighting

Old 05-20-02, 07:25 PM
M
Mr. Know Nothin
Visiting Guest
Talking Outdoor lighting

Hi! Guys and Gals. I've got a Dust til Dawn light in my backyard that I can't get to work. It worked when we moved in , but quit about 6 months ago. I went to Lowe's and bought a whole new fixture and still can't get it to work. I know its possible power supply problem, but don't know much about elect. and don't want to get fried lol! Any ideas of what to check or what to use to check. Thanks alot!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-02, 07:35 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is certainly GFCI protected. The GFCI is tripped. If you don't know what a GFCI is, or you need help finding it, search this forum for "GFCI" and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know.

Old 05-22-02, 05:25 PM
M
Mr. Know Nothin
Visiting Guest
Well, I did it! It works It was corrosion. The light is tied into the power supply lines to my shop in the backyard. Over the years they just got moisture to them. They were like that when we moved in and I never paid attention to them. I checked the main power supply wires to the shop and they had power, but the wires tied to them for the light didn't.
Thanks John for your reply. I appreciate it. I did check the "GFCI" after you mentioned it and it wasn't tripped. So I knew it was either in the light fixture itself or the wires to it. The guy we bought our house from was in construction and wired the shop and light his self, so it was alittle hard to figure out what went to what Thanks again, later folks