garage door opener

Old 05-23-02, 05:17 PM
C
cleaningbug
Visiting Guest
garage door opener

I have a genie 12 garage door opener. today i tried to put the door down and nothing. The opener is running and will run until the button is pressed againe then it stops. The door is not going up or down on the track. help ???

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-02, 07:32 PM
W
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
Look on top of your door opener. I suspect your chain jumped off the gear on top of your door opener.

Let us know if this hit your problem.

Wg

Old 05-24-02, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a small lever (usually with a cord ahnging from it) along the guide in which the chain or screw runs. It's an emergency release which detaches the door from the chain. Make sure the lever is up. Run the opener in the open direction, and it should click into place.

Old 06-08-02, 07:48 AM
C
cleaningbug
Visiting Guest
garage door opener-genie

I took the cover off of the garage opener and i do not see a belt or chain. what else could i look for ?

Old 06-08-02, 08:37 AM
F
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
cleaningbug, Your going to have one or the other, a very long chain running from the garage door to the garage door opener or a very long screw running from the garage door to the garage door opener. Have someone push the button while you look up to see if either a long chain or long screw is moving. If so, your problem is with what abnormal described. If not your problem is with what Wg described.

Fred