circuit planning

Old 05-30-02, 08:11 AM
L
Libor
Visiting Guest
circuit planning

How would I incorporate the following items into one or two circuits: 2 GFCI's serving a countertop; low-voltage undercabinet lights; vent fan for stove; 1 receptacle for microwave (non-built in); 2 general use receptacles (non-counter top).

These items are at the far side of my kitchen and it's hard to run wires over there. I'd like to minimize the wires running in that direction, if possible.

I've already got the following circuits running out of a subpanel:
1. Fridge
2. Disposer
3. Dishwasher
4. General lighting for whole kitchen
5. Lighting over sink
6. 3 GFCI's serving a countertop
7. Several general use receptacles (non-counter top)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-02, 11:51 AM
W
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
YOU SAID;
How would I incorporate the following items into one or two circuits: 2 GFCI's serving a countertop; low-voltage undercabinet lights; vent fan for stove; 1 receptacle for microwave (non-built in); 2 general use receptacles (non-counter top).

REPLY;

Circuit one;

One GFI protective device receptacle style on first outlet, then include on the load side of that GFI receptacle, the two counter top receptacles, the receptacle for the microwave, the two general use receptacles as long as these general use receptacles are located in the kichen, nook, or dining rooms.

Circuit two;
undercabinet lights, vent fan.

You still have room on either branch circuits for more load if you need it. Just keep the kitchen nook and dining receptacles on a receptacles circuit only for those rooms.

Actually your could add the undercabinet lights and the vent fan onto a general lighting circuit if you have one available.

Hope this helps

Wg