Elec Panel Cover is Missing...

Old 06-01-02, 06:15 AM
D
Dave in Ohio
Visiting Guest
Elec Panel Cover is Missing...

I bought a house and am fixing it up. The Siemens electrical panel is 60amp and the house was built in 1973. The panel cover is missing. Any idea where I could find a new panel cover??? Is there a web site that stocks old parts? Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-02, 07:08 AM
L
LouieS
Visiting Guest
Salvage yards do sometimes have stuff like this. Try your phone book. If not you should be able to have one made. In industrial service work sometimes new panel covers are needed due to theft or damage so there is a market for custom covers.

Most houses that I see with a 60 amp service are in need of an upgrade as they don't have enough circuits for all of the modern appliances.

Old 06-01-02, 09:46 AM
F
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Dave in Ohio, Lets see here 1973, ITE Siemans Pushmatic service panel, 12 or 16 (possible 20) circuit panel, 60 amp rating, no panel cover. Replace the panel. If you are rehabing this house you should upgrade the electrical service. Somewhere down the line your going to need new branch circuits installed in this house or garage. Minimum electrical service today is 100amp.

Fred

Old 06-01-02, 10:00 AM
D
Dave in Ohio
Visiting Guest
Yeah, it should be upgraded but...

I'm re-habbing to resell the house. Fortunately there are just enough (16) breakers to handle the whole house, for now. If I can find a new cover I'll be in great shape.

Old 06-02-02, 01:09 AM
F
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Dave in Ohio, Here are two websites that may help.

http://wvplus.com/surplus/pricing.htm
http://www.pbjre-useelectrical.com/

Hope this helps!

Fred

Old 06-02-02, 06:28 AM
J
Jxofaltrds
Visiting Guest
Call Loeb not Lowe's. One in Hilliard, one in the north end, one on Hamilton. I am not saying that they have it at least you can speak to someone. The guys in Hilliard are knowledgable.