Space Heater


Old 01-12-00, 04:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We live in a mobile double wide home. A elderly parent occupies the master bedroom. He like the room warmer than the rest of the house. I want to use a space heater but the ones I have purchased keep tripping the breaker. Is there something in the specs that I need to look for to find a heater that requires less voltage. It was recommended that I install an addition breaker as the box is located in this room. Buying a heater would be easier for me but if necessary a new breaker is possible. How difficult would a new breaker be to install and do I then use an existing outlet for the rewiring? Thanks
Old 01-12-00, 04:17 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

hi MCGonz,
since the panel is located in this room its easy to install a seperat breaker and wire an outlet. what i would do is turn off the MAIN breaker open up the panel, install a new 20 amp breaker remove a knock out in the bottom of the panel fish a piece of #12 romex threw the knock out. and cut in a box below the panel. this way u have a dedacated circuit 4 your heater and u wount be tripping the breaker. this is the best way 2 fix this since chances r u wount find a heater that will do the job and not trip your breaker.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: