1 flour. to 2 incad. (on 3 way) - bulbs burning up

Old 01-12-00, 05:02 AM
Visiting Guest
Red face

I replaced my single flourescent fixture with two incadescent ceiling fixtures. When I turned them on, one bulb's glass cracked and burned out. After replacing it, the lights worked for awhile. Then, when my wife turned it on this morning, the other bulb burned out as the switch was turned on. Both times the glass on the bulbs were cracked. The fixtures are ceramic, the bulbs were regular soft white.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-00, 03:10 PM
Visiting Guest
hi rickbabs,
sounds like u might be tighting the bulbs 2 tight and cracking them or u might have gotten ahold of some bad bulbs, off the top of my head i cant think of any thing that would crack the bulbes except over tighting

Old 01-13-00, 03:41 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Sparky:

Sparky:

Thanks for the response. It wasn't a bad batch of bulbs, because another brand is doing it too. I did not screw the new ones as tightly. I am hoping that this is the answer, since the lighting store has no answer for me. Since the bases are ceramic, the bulbs don't seem to screw in as smoothly as with other fixtures.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. (I've been through 6 bulbs in a day and a half).