site fault?(computer)


Old 01-16-00, 11:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have an older house('54). We have two prong outlets.first of all, should I change them over to grounded?....Next. my computer is pluged into a strip w/ a surge prot...the light for "site fault" is this because I needed to use a three prong adapter? Do I need to put the screw through the loop on the adapter?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-00, 05:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

hi javafrk,
as 2 chainging your outlets over 2 the grounded type u can do this if u want but they will still not be grounded unless there is a ground wire. as to the sitefault light being on this usually indacates ther has been a surge in power try resetting the strip by turning it off and unpluging it for a few min c if this resets it. and yes id put the screw threw the adapter. the best thing to do 4 a computer is this, put in new wire 2 a recep from the panel 4 the puter, on its own circuit, if ud like more info on this just e-mail me

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: