Bathroom Outlet

Old 01-22-00, 09:19 AM
Visiting Guest

My bathroom outlet will not work, I have already replaced the outlet and it still will not work. I can not use my blow dryer or curling iron. What do I need to check next? It was working before Xmas.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-00, 02:02 PM
Visiting Guest
There are several possibilities.
You need to determine if this is the only outlet not working.
If so, you have two options. One, it could be a separate circuit and then check the breaker or fuse to make sure the circuit is operating.
If these are OK, then you have an outlet that is dead, is the end of a circuit and need to find the next closest outlet that may be on that circuit.
Your problem could be a loose neutral, or hot wire.
If you have a tester you can determine which is bad by checking power between the hot and ground. If you get nothing, your hot is dead.
If it is hot, then you have neutral problem, if you get no reading between the hot and neutral.
If it seems above your ability, call an electrician.
Good luck.

Old 01-22-00, 06:37 PM
Visiting Guest
hello,
david failed to mention something. look 4 a gfci outlet and reset it.
a gfci is the outlets that have the pushbuttions in them that say test and reset.

Old 01-23-00, 06:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

Thank you sprky for your suggestion and david as well. I just went to follow your instructions and there is a gfci in our other bathroom. I pree the test/reset button and we NOW HAVE POWER!!!! Thank you very much.
Beginner