power coming into the main box.

Old 01-26-00, 05:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I am starting a business that involves the use of average woodshop equip (3 to 5 hp tablesaw,chop saw, band, etc.) I am negotiating a lease on a 5000 sf warehouse but I dont know anything about electrical.How do I know how much power should be coming into the box and how it should be distributed? Also, I am to lay out specs on the blueprint of where I want the conduit to run for outlets. Is there a strategic approach to this?

Old 01-26-00, 11:18 PM
Visiting Guest
hi eric,
i know u probily dont want to hear what im abought 2 say but i believ u shuld call a local electrician in 4 this. this is a big job 4 a doit yourselfer, and might be in violation of your local code 4 u to do it any way since this is a business. save your self alot of headacs and call an electrician on this 1

Old 01-27-00, 04:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Good luck on your new venture.

Go to www.woodmagazine.com and check out their "Idea Shops" to get a start on planning your layout. If this is a business plan on a 220 saw. Design your layout so you know where you will need power for staionary tools.

Many woodworkers like the convenience of having outlets overhead. You will need additional outlets for corded drills, saber saws, circular saw, sanders, etc.

Plan now for additional (future) needs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: