light board

Old 01-27-00, 12:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I need to mount two 150watt HPS bulbs on a small 2'x2' board. The lights need to have a 220v cord with a three prong plug running out so I can plug the thing into a wall receptacle.

The lights require a ballast (I think--they have a funny looking tube inside the bulb)and something to screw the lights into (they're standard light bulb threads).

What do I ask for when I go to get:

A) the thing the light bulbs screw into
B) the gauge of the wires I need
C) What size ballast do I need (2/150watt HPS bulbs) HECK! Do I even need a ballast!

...and anything else the ignorant knows not what to ask.

Old 01-29-00, 01:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

All I know about them is that require a special ballast. They might be found a commerial/contractor elect. supply house. Ask for ballast for high pressure sodium lamps.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: