Unamerican?

Old 02-05-00, 07:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

I am sure you have had this question asked many times but I have gone thru the threads here and have not seen anything pertaining to my situation.

I recently moved into an old house, and I discovered that there is no electrical outlet in the bathroom. How did these people live without one?

There is a new wall mounted medicine cabinet with 3 lights. Can you tell me how I would go about installing one myself? Would it be an easy job?

Thanks in advance!
Monica

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-00, 06:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Unless you're experienced at installing a new 20 amp circuit breaker in the main panel, running 12/2 w/ground wiring from it to the bath, setting outlet boxes, and wiring in gfci outlets, this needs to be done by an electrician. Safety first where water and electricity meet. I think that you may need to let a pro handle this job.

Old 02-06-00, 06:49 PM
Visiting Guest
hello moemaid,
its no easy job to install a outlet in a room where there isnt any, take oldguys advice and call an electrician

Old 02-06-00, 07:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Dang, I was hoping for another answer. Is it expensive? After just buying this home, our budget is limited....But will follow your advice..thanks again! Monica

Old 02-06-00, 07:07 PM
Visiting Guest
hello moemaid,
the cost all depends on how much work it will take to get the new circuit in and the location u r in, if its a easy install ill bet u can get it done 4 around 100, only a gess call a few elecrticians and bet some bids