Installing New Lights

Old 02-15-00, 01:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

There has got to be some tricks to running wire from a recepticle to feed a new switch then up to feed either some lights on a hallway wall or even in the ceiling. I do not have the advantage of an attic to work from and do not really want to remove sheetrock to accomplish this task. What do I need to do to run wires from one place to another without the luxury of new construction, attics or crawlspace's.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-00, 08:46 PM
Visiting Guest
hello Remodeler,
there r several tricks to do this. 1 is to remove the base board and cut away the sheetrock behind it between the studs and then drilling the studs (good 1 for walls), another is to use a flexabel extinsion on a drill and cutting small holes in the wall and drilling the plate then fishing the wire useing a fishtape (good 1 for a celling, espicelly if joists run with length of hall), another is 2 cut away small pieces of the sheet rock in the wall and celling and chisel out a grouve in the plate 4 your wire then cover wire with a metal plate at least 1/16" thick and patch the wall and celling, this can also be done on walls along the studs. i prefer to drill the studs and plates if given the choice.