gfci problem

Old 02-21-00, 10:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Recently I just replaced my gfci outlet in the bathroom. After installing the new one i have no power coming form the wires. The strange thing is all gfci outlets on that circuit do not have any power either, but the lights on that circuit work properly. It seems to be just the gfci outlets that dont work. I would think that if the circuit cut off power to my gfci switches they would cut all power on that circuit.

Old 02-22-00, 02:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Lights and outlets should be on separate circuits, and apparently are. Test/Reset all gfci outlets in circuit, particularly the first one. If it's off, all outlets past it will be off. A gfci outlet as first outlet on a circuit will make all else on circuit subject to gfci, even if they aren't gfci outlets. If they are wired properly, should solve problem. Good Luck!

Old 02-23-00, 07:02 PM
Visiting Guest
hello half-nelson,
what im woundering is if whin u repaliced the gfi if u went to the LOAD side of the gfi instead of the LINE side,nother thing might be is that all the gfis triped whin u worked on the 1 since thers more then 1 gfi on the circuit(most unusual).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: