Installing an ADDITIONAL Subpanel

Old 02-26-00, 06:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm finishing my basement and plan to run more circuits than what my current subpanel can handle. I know one way of solving the problem is by adding an additional subpanel off of the existing one. I've searched numerous locations for information and schematics describing how this should be done, but have come empty handed. Could somebody please describe how I should do this, or at least point me in the right direction (a web site, book, etc...). Thanks in advance for any help what so ever...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-00, 01:47 PM
Visiting Guest
hello sddunn,
if from what im reading is correct u allready have 2 panels 1 main and a sub. if this is correct what u can do is put in an addon box with the subpanel, if the wire size to the sub is capabel of handeling the additonal load. i have no idea what size wire u have or braker in main feeding sub or what is in the sub panel now, if u tell me this ill help u determin if an addon box is feasabel. if its not then i would just put in a biger sub panel box since u will have to pull new wire and put in a new breaker anyway.