Need ifo on upsizing 60 amp Panel

Old 06-16-02, 10:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Need ifo on upsizing 60 amp Panel

I am looking to upsize my service panel from a 60 amp panel to a 100 amp panel. Are there any special requirements needed to upsize, or can I just change the panels? Will the main power have to be upgaged?
Old 06-16-02, 10:35 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 17,733
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Step 1: Cal your power company. Only they can determine what, if anything, they need to do to upgrade their meter and their equipment on their side of the meter.

Step 2: You will need to then upgrade everything between the meter and the panel.
Old 06-16-02, 03:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
John said from the meter to the panel. Actually you will need to increase the size of the service entrance conductors from the point where the utility company connects to your wire through the meter and to the panel. YOu have many rules that apply to a service upgrade. You might want to read the following link then you will have the ability to be informed concernign the questions you want to confirm with both your serving utility company and your local electrical inspector.

When you get to that link look to the left column where it says "show entire article" this will open the entire article including pictures to see as you read.

If you have more questions please come back in and ask us what you are unsure of.

Good Luck


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: