Removing outside motion sensor

Old 03-24-00, 06:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

The previous owner of my house added a motion sensor to switch on the outside light. Additionally there is a second outside light on the same circuit. These three devices operate off a single switch located inside the front door. I want to remove the motion sensor and reconnect light #1 back to the house as it originally was wired. In trying to trace the wiring, we have turned off the circuit breakers for the house...however, this light can still be turned on even with the circuit breaker off. How is this possible?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-00, 08:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hi:HomeRepairRookie

I am NOT an electrician. However, I would like to make a suggestion.

If your sure all the light switch circuit breakers are off and there is still power to the sensor lights, try turning off the wall plug breakers.

As shocking as this may appear...:-) <pun intended...hahaha> it could be that switch that powers those lights is NOT wired in to a light switch breaker but in to a wall plug circuit.

Hope my suggestion helps. If so, complete the job, relax and have a beer...hahaha

TomBartco

Old 03-24-00, 09:48 PM
Visiting Guest
hello HomeRepairRookie,
what this soundslike to me is that the outside lights r pulled off another breaker then u r throwing. here is what u need to do turn the lighs on then throw the breakers 1 at a time till it goes off, if it never goes off after all breakers have been thrown throw the main if it still remains lit it must be pulling power off the main lugs and fused in line (not a good situation ).