Lights Dimming!

Reply

  #1  
Old 03-30-00, 06:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question

I just purchased a microwave and it is now plugged into a receptacle that can handle 125V and 15A. My problem is when I turn on the microwave the lights dim. Would a change of the current receptacle with one of 20A do the trick?


Please help
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-30-00, 08:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Cool

Outlet circuits should have 20 amp breakers and 12/2 wiring. Lighting circuits should be separate from outlet circuits, and 15 amp breakers and 14/2 wiring are o.k. on them. It is recommended that microwaves (and dishwashers,etc.) be on separate 20 amp breaker/12/2 circuits (and may be code. I'm not an electrician). Good Luck!
 
  #3  
Old 03-30-00, 07:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

hello bernmc,
chances r what is hapening is the microwave is pulling the circuit to the limit, causeing the lights to dim. old guy is correct its advisabel to put microwaves on there own circuit, not mandated by code but verry wise.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: