hooking up 3 wire romex to 60 amp fuse box

Old 04-16-00, 08:25 PM
Visiting Guest
I wired up a gfi plug outside with 3 wire
romex. I ran the romex directly to my 60 amp
fuse box. I can see were the hot and nuetral wires go, but I don't see a place for the groung wire. Should I attach the groung wire
to the same place the nuetral wires go.
Thanks
Mike

Old 04-16-00, 08:58 PM
Visiting Guest
yes

------------------
MTAC - Van Buren,MO
www.carpenter.cjb.net
Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

Anything worth cutting down a tree for, is worth doing right.
www.toolreview.cjb.net

Old 04-17-00, 02:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Mikeydo,

I think your referencing a two/wire. The ground is always included, per code, no sheathed cable can be produced without one, thus the circuit wires are the only ones counted, thus yours is a two/wire.
Now, for your answer, it all depends. If this is the main panel and there is no means of disconnect between it and the meter, then you can put the ground on the neutral bar. You might make note that there is either a ground screw or jumber from panel frame to the neutral bar. There should be if this is the first means of disconnect.
Now, if this is a subpanel or is after a disconnect which would be at your meter, for example, then you must put the ground wire on a ground bar or lug attached to the panel frame and is isolated from the neutral system.

Old 04-17-00, 04:15 PM
Visiting Guest
hello mikey,
what david is saying is if this is the main panel then yes u may connect the ground to the nutural bar, if this is a panel that is fed off the main panel then no u may not connect to the nutural bar. look in your panel and connect your bare wire where all the other bare wires are connected.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: