part number master file?

Old 04-29-00, 04:18 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 10 year old kitchen light fixture which has burned out. The ceramic part I need has a part number, but Home Depot does not have. Is there a site for electrical part numbers or bar cose numbers?
(The number is 0437-212SH 010 and the bar code is 39923 13324 3)
:confused
Thanks to anyone.

Old 04-30-00, 07:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Just take the part in and get an exact
or similar replacement.

Old 04-30-00, 10:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Gary...DAH! Of course, I took the part to several hardware stores (Home Depot mentioned) None had a similar replacement. My question regards a master file of electical part numbers that might lead me to the manufacturer. Thanks for trying. papalvin

quote:<HR>Originally posted by papalvin:
I have a 10 year old kitchen light fixture which has burned out. The ceramic part I need has a part number, but Home Depot does not have. Is there a site for electrical part numbers or bar cose numbers?
(The number is 0437-212SH 010 and the bar code is 39923 13324 3)
:confused
Thanks to anyone.
<HR>

Old 05-01-00, 05:46 AM
Visiting Guest
HEY! you asked, the man told you what he knew so whos the dah?You are rude and i know the answer but i wouldnt sell it to let alone give it to you.

Old 05-01-00, 06:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Another DAH! You can't write or read, so your answer would not be acceptable anyway. This board is worthless, so far. Are there any intelligent forms of life out there?

Old 05-01-00, 06:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Unless you know the manufacturer, which you say you don't, the part numbers are pretty useless. I don't believe there is any master cross-reference for this sort of thing. A large electrical supply house that supplies the local electricians might be able to match the part up for you, but other than that you are probably out of luck. Sorry.

Old 05-01-00, 08:49 AM
Visiting Guest
ranck..Thank you much for the input. Unfortunately there isn't a mfgr name anywhere on the fixture.

Old 05-01-00, 07:59 PM
Visiting Guest
hello papalvin,
my best advice is to take the part to an electricial lighting wholesale supply house(1 that specilizes in lighting for contractors and builders) and c if they know where to obtain 1. if they cant identify the part then just replaice the fixture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: