Breaker

Old 07-04-02, 06:11 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Breaker

I have what I believe is an easy question. Does anyone know where to find a breaker for a Murray main panel? It looks a little different then a standard GE/SquareD type, and the helpfull folks at Home Depot never heard of such company. The panel is probably around 30 or so years old. I need the breaker so I can install a subpanel up on the second floor apartment (there are only 2 more spaced in the main box). The alternative would be to install a brand new main panel, unfused, and then swich the remaing circuits later on. I'd prefer not to go that way if possible, I'd have to run 20 lines an extra 25'....

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-02, 06:30 PM
Check your nearby electrical supply. For instance, a quick search on yahoo got; http://www.munroelectric.com/murray.shtml

Old 07-04-02, 07:30 PM
C
Re: Breaker

Originally posted by trinitro
I have what I believe is an easy question. Does anyone know where to find a breaker for a Murray main panel? It looks a little different then a standard GE/SquareD type, and the helpfull folks at Home Depot never heard of such company. The panel is probably around 30 or so years old. I need the breaker so I can install a subpanel up on the second floor apartment (there are only 2 more spaced in the main box). The alternative would be to install a brand new main panel, unfused, and then swich the remaing circuits later on. I'd prefer not to go that way if possible, I'd have to run 20 lines an extra 25'....
i got a murray panel and just ordered some afci's from http://www.electricsupplyonline.com

Old 07-04-02, 08:10 PM
T
Thanks, now I have to figure out which one of those is the 60A double pole breaker I need.