No Power on One Wall

Old 07-05-02, 09:38 AM
T
ter73
Visiting Guest
Question No Power on One Wall

One wall in my condo has no power in the outlets...its an exterior wall that runs through my kitchen and dining room. I'm wondering if the outage had something to do with a small kitchen fire in the condo above me. Regardless how do it fix these outlets. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-02, 10:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Have you flipped the circuit breaker to that circuit all the way OFF and then back ON (probably a 20amp single-pole breaker)?
Have you reset all GFCI outlets that may be on that exterior wall kitchen circuit (there may even be one outside)?
Mike

Old 07-12-02, 01:15 PM
M
moogvo
Visiting Guest
Generally, outlets are "Daisy chained" together. If you get a loose connection in one outlet, this will subsequently effect all of the outlets ahead of that one in the circuit. Also, most contractors use the spring loaded "Quick connect" terminals on back of the outlet, Rather than taking the time to connect the wiring to the screw terminals. If your house has aluminum wiring, it could be corroded as a result of time, or possibly any water leakage from the upstairs condo due to the fire department. This would accelerate the corrosion process on aluminum.

Turn the breaker off for those outlets. Then go back to the last known working one, and the first non working one and make sure the wires have a good connection to the outlet. Also check to make sure a wire not might not have come apart and broken the connection.

Good luck!

Old 07-12-02, 01:16 PM
M
moogvo
Visiting Guest
Generally, outlets are "Daisy chained" together. If you get a loose connection in one outlet, this will subsequently effect all of the outlets ahead of that one in the circuit. Also, most contractors use the spring loaded "Quick connect" terminals on back of the outlet, Rather than taking the time to connect the wiring to the screw terminals. If your house has aluminum wiring, it could be corroded as a result of time, or possibly any water leakage from the upstairs condo due to the fire department. This would accelerate the corrosion process on aluminum.

Turn the breaker off for those outlets. Then go back to the last known working one, and the first non working one and make sure the wires have a good connection to the outlet. Also check to make sure a wire nut might not have come apart and broken the connection.

Good luck!