Garage wiring

Old 07-06-02, 04:13 PM
C
corpusq2
Visiting Guest
Garage wiring

I removed and replaced the drywall in my garage and while things were bare i decided to add two recepticals in the ceiling which I'm using to plug in two lights and and the garage door opener. There are three cables that I have coming together above the ceiling. One comes from a wall switch, one comes from the garage door opener (both of these are cold) and one cable coming from the wall. This cable is hot. How do I or can I wire the two recepticals for the lights which will be controlled with the switch and at the same time have the garage door opener hot all the time? Do the lights have to go to the same receptical?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-02, 04:44 PM
W
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
You should be able to connect the black of constant power to the white of the switch cable and the black of the receptacle for the garage door opener. Then connect the white of the constant power to the white of the two receptacles. Then connect the black of the switch cable to the black of the one receptacle used for lights.

If you want to add receptacles for lights then run a cable from that one light receptacle box to the following receptacles that you also want to be controlled by the switch.

Hope this helps

Wg

Old 07-06-02, 08:24 PM
C
corpusq2
Visiting Guest
OK..thanks wgoodrich..I'll see if this works

Old 07-07-02, 01:07 PM
C
corpusq2
Visiting Guest
wgoodrich...It works like a charm..thanks a lot, I sure appreciated your help.