Outdoor lamppost lights

Old 06-12-00, 02:16 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am trying to install an outdoor light on top of a post. My dilema is that there is not any power out to the post except for my Malibu brand lighting system. I have two choices if I don't want to do a lot of electrical work; one, find a low voltage light that will work with the Malibu system; two, install a solar powered lamppost light. Either way, I don't have any information on availability. Is there anything out there that will work on a post without wiring it to a switch inside the house?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-00, 03:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Reed,

Not really anything than what you mentioned really.
For some electrical work, how far is the 110v supply for the malibu lights. You can start from there and then install a PEC (photo electric eye) dawn to dusk type of thing on the post to switch the light.
If you can get 110v to the post, then you have an option to control it from inside at any point you wish with the new electronic home devices put out by Levitan. It works using a receiver and transmitter and works over your entire electrical system. These are expensive though, about $70 t $80 for a set.
That' about it.

Old 06-12-00, 04:26 PM
Visiting Guest
looks like david sumed this 1 up.