sub panel


Old 06-18-00, 02:03 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

i want to run a 100amp sub panel off a 200amp service. the distance to the sub panel will be about 50 ft. what size wire should i use and does it need to be in conduit thanks rick
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-00, 03:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a


For 100 amp service you need #3. You will need some kind of conduit since they don't make a sheathed cable that big. If this is going underground some of the way, PVC is the recommended choice. If you do use PVC you will need a #6 ground as well. You will need a 1" minimum size conduit.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: