Fed. Pacific Breakers

Old 06-19-00, 02:00 PM
Visiting Guest
After reading the reply to the Fed. Pacific breakers (6/16) prompts a question.

In addition to the Fed. Pacific breakers, (home inspector did suggest to replace them) I have knob & post (tube & post?) wiring throughout the house.

Is this a double danger I should watch for?

In addition, if/when the breaker box unit is replaced (by professional/out of my league), is the inspector going to insist on checking the existing switchs and outlets OR just the unit thats being replaced?

Most of the house is ungrounded. This would create a major undertaking, not to mention $$

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-00, 04:03 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Sounds like you need a major new re-wring job from the panel out. Knob-and-tube wiring is dangerous. Good Luck!

Old 06-19-00, 05:16 PM
Visiting Guest
hello mike,
whin ever i come across knob and tube wireing i recomend to the home owner he have the house rewired. u stated that an inspector had looked at your home he can not c in the walls and alot of times there is ware on the insulation that can not be seen. he is makeing an educated gess as to the condition of the witre in the walls from what can be seen. i recomend u hgave your home rewired from the panel on. this does not have to be done at the same time i have installed a new service and later gone basck and rewired the house. if i was u id get a new panel asap. and go from there, u can even have 1 room at a time rewired.