Please Stop Flickering???

Old 07-09-02, 05:50 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Please Stop Flickering???

OK..I have submitted this posting once before but I am re-submitting out of frustration.
I have a new 200 amp service recently installed. On all circuits in my house, I get an intermittent flicker in the lights about every 5-6 minutes. I have contacted power company and electrician and they have given all connections, box, and screws a clean bill of health. Everything is tight, new, and pristine. Please help. This is happening on all circuits in house, not just one specifically. We have run new circuits, with very little on them, and the new wire has the same problem. Any ideas????????Help!!! All grounds and mains have been tightened....how do I troubleshoot this???

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-02, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have checked out both sides already. The power company would check at the transformer and meter, and the electrician would check everthing from the meter in. You are left with no other posibility. The fact that all the cirucits in the house are effected, it would seem that the problem is someplace from the panel to the transformer. Is there any way that a termination is not tight in a location not checked by either agency?

If all is ok, then check for good grounding and aliens.

Old 07-10-02, 04:35 AM
B
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Make sure either your electrician or the power company check the actual meter connections (this is a hazy area in some jurisdictions). It ws the third guy from the power company that thought to look there.