Replacing Pull Chain on Ceiling Fan

Old 06-24-00, 06:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Does anyone know how to replace the pull chain on my ceiling fan. I have pulled the chain completely out of the socket and need help fixing it.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-00, 07:50 PM
Visiting Guest
You'll have to replace the entire switch. Not that difficult, and they are available anyplace that sells the fans.

Old 06-26-00, 03:09 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rmacster:
Does anyone know how to replace the pull chain on my ceiling fan. I have pulled the chain completely out of the socket and need help fixing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Rmacster:

After you get the replacement switch, you have to dismount the light fixture (3 screws) and then take the damaged switch which has 4 wires (one common and one for each speed Hi-Med-Lo). Please take note of the position of each one. To renmove the switch turn the outer nut counter-clockwise.

Pull or cut the wires and insert them into the new switch. Now re-assemble the light fixture and thatīs it.

Old 06-26-00, 03:10 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rmacster:
Does anyone know how to replace the pull chain on my ceiling fan. I have pulled the chain completely out of the socket and need help fixing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Rmacster:

After you get the replacement switch, you have to dismount the light fixture (3 screws) and then take the damaged switch which has 4 wires (one common and one for each speed Hi-Med-Lo). Please take note of the position of each one. To renmove the switch turn the outer nut counter-clockwise.

Pull or cut the wires and insert them into the new switch. Now re-assemble the light fixture and thatīs it.