above ground swimming pool bonding and pump wiring

Old 06-22-00, 07:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

what is the correct way to ground an above ground swimming pool? and run the electrical
wires to the pump?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-00, 07:56 PM
Visiting Guest
hello dylan,
lmao that is 1 good ?(porden the pun) i have never seen 2 inspectors see the code the same way and each have there own ides as to what is best on pools. i recomend u contact your local building department and descuss this matter with the electrical inspector. another place might be the local pool supply store.
in my home town we r allowed to add ground lugs to the fraim work and run an unbroken #8 solid ground wire threw them and back to the grounding point of the power. power for the pump must be in conduit and gfci procted. in another town i do work in i did some pools this way and the inspector said no it had to be done another way.

Old 06-23-00, 07:35 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sprky:
hello dylan,
lmao that is 1 good ?(porden the pun) i have never seen 2 inspectors see the code the same way and each have there own ides as to what is best on pools. i recomend u contact your local building department and descuss this matter with the electrical inspector. another place might be the local pool supply store.
in my home town we r allowed to add ground lugs to the fraim work and run an unbroken #8 solid ground wire threw them and back to the grounding point of the power. power for the pump must be in conduit and gfci procted. in another town i do work in i did some pools this way and the inspector said no it had to be done another way.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hello sprky, thank you for your reply. when you say the #8 solid ground wire must go back
to the grounding point of the power does that mean the ground lug on the pump/motor or should it go to the ground for the GFCI
outlet that the pump plugs into? or through
the pvc conduit back to the panel in the basement?

Old 06-26-00, 07:36 PM
Visiting Guest
hello dylan,
sorry took so long to get back but i was out of town 4 a few days.
whin i say the grounding point of the power im refering to the gfci, we r allowed to tie the pool frame work to the gfci ground, but as prevesley stated u need top check with your local athority on this as every where is deferent.