pool grounding

Old 06-26-00, 08:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

hello sprky, thank you for your reply. when
you say the #8 bonding wire goes back to the point of ground does that mean connect it to the ground lug on the pump, or to the ground on the GFCI outlet that the pump plugs into or run it through the pvc conduit back to the panel in the basement. the local inspector just says it must comply with nec
article 680.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-00, 07:50 PM
Visiting Guest
hello dylan120,
ok now i would ask your local inspector what his interpatation of artical 680 is, not every 1 will interpertate the code the same way. i recomend u go to your local library and look at the national electric code book artical 680.

Old 06-30-00, 05:35 AM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dylan120:
hello sprky, thank you for your reply. when
you say the #8 bonding wire goes back to the point of ground does that mean connect it to the ground lug on the pump, or to the ground on the GFCI outlet that the pump plugs into or run it through the pvc conduit back to the panel in the basement. the local inspector just says it must comply with nec
article 680.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 06-30-00, 05:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi Dylan The local code in my county asks for a #8 wire to be ran from the ground in the electrical panel to one point on the pump,and than to 2points on the pool with a continious unbroken wire,and a twist-lock outlet 5 feet from the pool. GFCI protected of course.hope this is helpful to you