electric wire

Old 07-19-02, 10:13 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
electric wire

i have 127 volt in home we bye a ups but is 240 volt hou i can convert from 127 to 240 volt
Old 07-19-02, 07:27 PM
HandyRon's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 1,287
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Generally you cannot. Check the manufacturers instructions.
Old 07-20-02, 11:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
josemaya, you have an odd voltage that you mentioned. I am suspecting that you have a 240/125 volt single phase service to your home and you happen to be on the end of the transmission lines that has you voltage higher than the 125 volt medium voltage. If I am right then you have two hot wires feeding your panel. In the panel you should be able to test close to 240 volts with a double oole breaker installed in yoru panel reading voltage between teh two lugs of that 240 volt double pole breaker. Your voltage seems to be running higher than the 240 volts but the plus or minus should still be within a reasonable range of being considered a single phase 120/240 volt service.

Just my thoughts


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: