Liquid Latex?


Old 08-02-02, 01:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Liquid Latex?

Didn't know where to post this, so...

Has anyone ever heard of a liquid latex/rubber/vinyl material that you can use to give a surface a non-slip covering, like a tool handle or utensil? I need it to re-cover the rusting tips of a dishwasher rack, but I can't seem to find it at the local home center. Thanks. David
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-02, 06:43 PM
willywhy's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: N. E. Illinois
Posts: 223

I have seen it on t v and later found it at my very large Ace Hardware store, it was in the electrical department, by the wire coverings like the heat shrink sleaves. MIGHT TRY THIS POST UNDER small appliances.
Old 08-03-02, 05:08 AM
hi ho sliver
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
dip it plastic coating

I believe either Harbor Freight or Northern Equipment have "Dip it" plastic tool handle coating...
Old 08-05-02, 10:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Smile Plastisol

I believe the product that you are looking for is called Plastisol. I worked with this stuff in the Navy. There were two types are availiable. One was heat cured the other was air cured. I have only used the heat cured type.

The secret to a successful dip is surface prep. The shop that I was in would sandblast and prime all surfaces where we wanted the plastisol to stick. After curing and cooling we trimmed the excess away with xacto knives.

If you use the heat cured type, do not cure it in the same oven that you cook food in. The heated plastisol can emit toxic fumes.

Good stuff. Very durable but can be painful to work with.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes