sharpening carbide blades

Old 08-15-02, 03:04 PM
slomo
Visiting Guest
sharpening carbide blades

is there a quick way to hand sharpen carbide blades for circular and table saws?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-02, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carbide requires a diamond lapping tool. I don't think that hand sharpening of circular saws is very practical. It requires specialized equipment to maintain the proper rake and angle of the teeth. If the value of the blade warrants it, professional sharpening is the only way to go.

Old 11-26-02, 10:35 PM
lxd0921
Visiting Guest
TCT tip sharpening

I have production experience in TCT saw blade . Based on my experience, it is not advisable to sharpen the tips only by hand tools. Normally the tips need to be grinded for all sides(3-4surface), and It requires grinding machine,certain fixtures and professional operator.

Old 11-27-02, 07:06 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: slomo

As already and correctly noted here, it is not adviseable to do any hand or non professional machine sharpening on carbide blades.

It is not possible to correctly nor accurately sharpen carbide circular saw blades. Any attempt to do so will do more damage than good.

It is highly recommended and suggested to have such tools professionally sharpened.

Should you require additional assistance, kindly use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting {Thread} and allow the other readers of this topic to follow along in the topic.

Regards and Good Luck. Sharpening Forum Moderator & Web Site Host. TCB4U2B2B Enterprises. Accurate Power Equipment Company. Complete Saw and Tool Sharpening Service.

Reminder: "Work Shop Safety Is No Accident."

Sharpeners Quote:
"I can sharpen almost anything, except a dull mind."...

Personal Quote:
Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Personal Business Quote:
By accurately and professionally sharpening every tool and blade that comes into my shop, creates happier first time customers and developes repeat customers, whom are then willing to pay me outrageous prices to sharpen every tool they have....