What type of tool ???


Old 08-24-02, 11:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What type of tool ???

Yes I want to build a few bluebird house's and I have the plans to do it and it is all straight cuts except for the sides which have a 80 degree angle. I have a 1" x 6" x 4' board and I have to cut a piece 19 1/4 for both sides then I have to cut that in the middle at 80 degree angle to get the sides. My question I have a circular saw to cut the straight cuts but what can I use to make the 80 degree cuts. It would be easy if I had a mitre saw but I don't so what could I use or do they sell a manual mitre saw that would cut a 1" x 6". Thanks for any help on this Steve
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-02, 12:50 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

If I understand your question correctly, set your circular saw at 10 degrees and saw the edge to leave 80 degrees (a straight edge is 90 degrees).
Good luck!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: