I dont know what type of nailer I need

Old 08-26-02, 08:01 PM
bheidkamp
Visiting Guest
I dont know what type of nailer I need

I am going to make some cabinets and screen frames and Im tired of not being happy with my results on all the shows they use nailers and it seems quick easy and accurate in positioning the wood I want my projects to look like theirs. The problem is I don't know if I need a finish nailer or a braid nailer I will be using it with wood that is less than 2" thick. Also can you recommend basic books for making cabinets benches and screens I want to learn.

Signed
Starting out in South Bend

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-02, 04:56 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would recommend a 5/8 to 1 1/2 in brasd nailer. The porter cable is a good one. If you don't have a compresssor, they have a combo deal that is well worth the price. The best place to find books is to go to a home depot or the like and look at some of the books there.

Old 08-27-02, 11:21 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Make sure you get an air nailer, there are some electric ones out there but they are nowhere near the reliability and performance of an air tool. Also, don't "cheap out" on the compressor. I know that a small compressor is cheap, but it's not pleasant to hear the thing run every 5 minutes when you're working. A 20 gallon should be enough.

Old 08-29-02, 01:27 AM
josh1
Visiting Guest
any oil free compressor is going to buzz like a maniac. The real "oil" types are few and expensive ( ingersoll rand makes a few but most over 600). -josh