Oldtime dowel maker


Old 09-13-02, 08:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Oldtime dowel maker

I bought an oldtime gadget today at a flea market that looks a little bit like a pencil sharpener but it is used to make dowels - what is this tool called?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-02, 05:03 AM
Mr. Kiss
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SW Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 87
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't have a clue.....

Old 09-14-02, 05:41 AM
fewalt's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: sw VA
Posts: 3,100
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

If it's for larger (1/2" to 1 1/2" dowels) for furniture it may be similar to Veritas or Lee Valley's tools for making log furniture.

Or it may be an antique Stanley Dowel Maker - I couldn't find a picture.

Old 09-14-02, 10:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I received an email answer to my question that says it's called a rounder. Thanks everyone.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: