echo "cordless" drill

Old 10-04-02, 01:10 AM
josh1
Visiting Guest
echo "cordless" drill

Just looking through a northern tool catalog and came across a gas powered 1/2 drill! this thing looks awesome. 21cc chamber 20.5-1 reduction gears. Supposed to drill 7" in ground holes or stir paint in 55 gallon drums. Pricey but man, a drill with a throttle is worth 400!~ ANyone have one of these? its made by echo. Is it worth the money? Is it really that fun? -Josh

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-02, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 36 Posts
josh1:
I checked out that drill. It looks like a perfect fix for a tool junky.
A friend had one that he bought at a mine auction in the mid 80's. His looked more like an ice auger style. I used it for a few small projects and it worked really well.
I think for most folks unless you specifically need that much power, the 18 volt industrial type drills available now would be a little handier.
The post hole auger is interesting though. A couple of years ago I came across a post hole auger bit that fit a Jiffy ice auger. Picked it up for 40 bucks and it has been one of the handiest tools for use around my rural property. Just used it this past weekend to loosen up the clay soil for some hand shoveling.

It does look interesting though.........interested in going halfers?

Old 10-08-02, 11:14 AM
B
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
How cool is that?! Now to figure out how to justify it to the wife.
How about going thirds?

Bruce

Old 10-14-02, 03:29 PM
josh1
Visiting Guest
I think im going to get it as a christmas present to my friend. This way i can steal it back!!!!!! Hes doing a real old house addition with big beams and heavy lumber, i told him ill help as soon as i see a 2x4 that i can hoist around. Im sure he can find something to drill with it, like drain pipe holes and stuff. I still have his concrete hammer drill, maybe i can keep it sort of exchange. -Josh