Need suggestions: air duster

Old 10-10-02, 02:40 PM
Morbious
Visiting Guest
Need suggestions: air duster

Hello

I'm hoping someone can recommend an air duster that can be used to clean a computer workstation. Until now, I've simply used disposable cans of compressed air, but I'd like a more permanent solution. I went to Sears Hardware, and they have several portable air compressors for automobile use, and I noticed that I can also by an air nozzle (sold separete), but I'm hoping to find a better solution. The truth is, that I'm also concerned that the air compressors I saw just might be too powerful for the jobs I had in mind, such as dusting off home electronics.

Well anyway, I'm looking for any advice I can get, so thanks.

Morbious

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-02, 06:52 PM
Morbious,

Why bother blowing the dirt around or furthr into the pc box?
Vacuum it up with any vacuun cleaner brush you have. They work good on the kb also.

just a thoght,
fred

Old 10-10-02, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Morbious:
Here's a link for a little oilless compressor that would do the job.
This would only be good for what you propose and may be occasional tire filling.
You can find better oilless compressors at big box stores.
They usually have a built in regulator that will let you turn down the pressure.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...oductId=753195

Old 10-11-02, 07:03 AM
Morbious
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it doesn't work, even when I try to cut and paste it. As to using a vacuum cleaner, well I want an air duster for a number of cleaning purposes, not just on my computer. As you know, once you start stacking electronics together, there are a lot of nooks and crannies that are simply unreachable with a mini vac )

Morbious

Old 10-11-02, 07:14 AM
If you copy and paste just this part,w/o the url lines, it will work:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...oductId=753195

As far as stacking electronics: Not the best thing to do. They should be on separate shelves. Heat build up can destroy some components. I've got eight incl two sat recvrs, everythig gives off alot of heat. Just a word of warning.

fred