here comes Christmas!!

Old 10-14-02, 05:43 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
here comes Christmas!!

Christmas is coming, and i'm thinking i'll be getting a framing nailer from my girlfriend. i'm pretty sure i'll be telling her bostich, since i've got 2 already, and they're great, but i'm not sure what the difference is between "round" and "clipped" heads??

i'll be using this for basic framing (pergola, shed frame, etc.).

thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-02, 08:38 AM
GasGuzz
Visiting Guest
Don't have either but get the round head. Depending on your area the clipped heads dont' apss code. So generally, just to be safe, get the round type.

Old 10-14-02, 09:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I bought the Bostich round head. The difference is you can load more nails with the clipped head. The nails are stacked together closer. I got mine at home depot, think for $219. I love it, tell my friends it's the best old mans tool I ever bought.

Old 10-14-02, 09:51 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
thanks for the responses!!

i did just find out about passing code on the senco website, so that's a definite for the round heads then.

i've got 2 bostich nailers, and they're both really great, so i'm sort of leaning that way too. did you get the coil or straight magazine?? i like the coil, but it seems to generally only hold 3.25", while the straight is 3.5". not a huge difference, but i like the extra .25"

thanks again!

Old 10-14-02, 10:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I got the straight for the longer nails. Found that must use the 3 !/4 anyway for framing. Think you can use shorter nails in the coil. My friend bought one when he was fencing. Think it had nails less than 2 inch. Might look into that.

Old 10-14-02, 11:38 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
oh, just found a porter cable coiler that shoots 3.5" nails! think i may be leaning towards that, i do like the ability to shoot about 1.5" nails.

thanks for all the advice everyone!!