polesaw?

Old 10-14-02, 02:20 PM
josh1
Visiting Guest
polesaw?

Ive got some hemlock trees that need trimming, Ive trimmed the bottom 8' or so with a gas hedge trimmer. I cant reach the tops which are probably 12-15 feet ish high. I cant use a ladder because the terrain is very sloped. Would a polesaw be the thing i need for this? It seems like it to me. I cant find any gas polesaws in my searching, only electric, do they not make gas ones? Do they make ones that exten say 20' as opposed to the 10' ones ive found. Id like to get my trimming done for the year so much thanks for your help -Josh

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-02, 05:08 AM
Group Moderator
Might consider renting a small bucket unit. They make ones on wheels that are self-contained. Check your local rent-all places.

Old 10-16-02, 03:26 AM
josh1
Visiting Guest
that definately soudns like something i could play with but the terrain is highly sloped, i slid down the backside once already. Not like a gradual slope, theres 7 feet from the corner of my house to a "cliff" Do you think it would be manueverable in those conditions? Id hate to tip something like that. ouchThanks-Josh

Old 10-16-02, 05:05 AM
Group Moderator
Haven't used one myself, but I've seen them. Not many slopes around here to worry about, LOL. Might want to stop by a rental place and eyeball what they have and they can probably give you some first-hand advice.

Old 10-16-02, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
josh1:
I'm not sure how thick the branches are you want to cut, but I have good luck with a pole saw that has a rope operated cutter that will cut up to one inch diameter branches.
I have a cheap little electric chainsaw I've been thinking of attaching to a twelve foot pole.